*** Closed *** Clinical Lab Assistant I
Seeking highly motivated Clinical Laboratory Asisstant I (CLA I) with industry experience in molecular assays. The CLA I will perform a variety of laboratory and administrative tasks to support the clinical laboratory staff in the CLA I-certified OncoCyte laboratory. A CLA I will perform laboratory duties under direct and constant supervision of a licensed CLS, CLS Supervisor, or the Clinical Laboratory Manager (CLM) and/or designee, who provides specific instruction regarding how tasks are to be completed and defines the steps to be employed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform molecular diagnostic testing on patient specimen (including general sequencing and/or expression array analysis) under the direct and constant supervision of a licensed CLS.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Work Instructions (WIs).
- Assist the CLS in laboratory testing.
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance tasks and setting up consumables in preparation of laboratory testing.
- Perform instrument calibrations and maintenance.
- Receive and accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
- Perform data entry and maintain spreadsheets.
- Participate in materials management activities which includes tasks such as ordering, receiving, unpacking, documentation and labeling of consumables and reagents, and stocking work areas.
- Identify problems that may affect assigned duties, and following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory Manager, or Lab Director.
- Document corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Participate in quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Work closely with the Product Development staff and QA/QC staff to transfer reagent processes and methods.
- Perform testing for special research and development studies.
- Perform additional administrative duties and projects assigned by the Clinical Laboratory Manager or Clinical Laboratory Supervisor.
- Comply with OncoCyte Corporation quality control policies and document QC activities. Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations.
Education and Training:
- BS/BA in a biology-related science is required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field in assay or sequencing platform development, including automated instrumentation and LIMS
- Experience working in a fast-paced (BSL-2) lab environment with proven multi-tasking abilities
- Experience with development, verification, and validation study’s and the documentation process
- Hands on experience with Oncology testing and a proven track record of developing diagnostic tests for CLIA laboratory
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated individual; takes initiative; can work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of molecular diagnostics preferred
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with OncoCyte Corporation employees at all levels as well as customers and vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing, within the work group
- Must be flexible with work schedule (willing to work overtime hours, possible occasional work on the weekends)
Full-time position Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm (with some shift flexibility)
The work required for this position is to be performed onsite in a formal office/laboratory environment.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you would like to be part of this growing and dynamic team.